Disclosure pursuant to Art. 21 of the Stock Exchange Act

Basel, Notification by Bâloise Holding Ltd, Aeschengraben 21, 4002 Basel, Switzerland.

Bâloise Holding Ltd hereby discloses that BlackRock, Inc., 55 East 52nd Street, New York, NY 10055, U.S.A., and several of its subsidiaries (cf. the notification on the publication platform of SIX Swiss Exchange Ltd) together exceeded the threshold of 5% on 8 December 2014 due to the acquisition of shares of Bâloise Holding Ltd. BlackRock, Inc., and its subsidiaries hold together 2,743,345 registered shares of Bâloise Holding Ltd (corresponding to 5.49% of the 50,000,000 outstanding shares of Bâloise Holding Ltd) and contracts for difference referring to 112,787 registered shares of Bâloise Holding Ltd (corresponding to 0.23% of the outstanding shares). The total holding of BlackRock corresponds 5.71% of the outstanding shares of Bâloise Holding Ltd.

The Baloise Group is more than just a traditional insurance company. The changing security, safety and service needs of society in the digital age lie at the heart of its business activities. The 7,400 or so employees of Baloise therefore focus on the wishes of their customers. The best possible customer service, combined with innovative products and services, makes Baloise the first choice for people who want to feel 'simply safe'. Located at the heart of Europe, with its head office in Basel, the Baloise Group is a provider of prevention, pension, assistance and insurance solutions. Its core markets are Switzerland, Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg. In Switzerland, with Baloise Bank SoBa, the Group also operates as a specialised financial services provider, offering a combination of insurance and banking services. The Group offers innovative pension products to retail customers throughout Europe from its competence centre in Luxembourg. Bâloise Holding Ltd shares are listed in the main segment of the SIX Swiss Exchange.