The construction of the three new buildings in Baloise Park was based on the Sustainable Construction Standard Switzerland (SNBS) and thereby considerably exceeds legal requirements regarding energy efficiency. The Head Office already uses 100 per cent district heating.
In 2021 we also implemented various technical measures in collaboration with AUE (Office for Environmental Protection and Energy) that had been agreed upon in a roadmap:
- New rotation speed regulation for ventilator motors
- Drive replacement with frequency converter
- Replacement of chiller condenser pumps
- Replacement of drive for heat recovery pumps
- Replacement of motors for office ventilators
It is estimated that this will save 50,000 kWh of electricity per year.
Also, at our agencies in Switzerland, we converted to flexible working at various new locations or in connection with modernisations, enabling us to optimise costs and consumption.