Summary of the key points
- In this career portal, we, the Baloise Group, and our associated companies process personal data concerning you.
- We process data in connection with applications. We do this to facilitate the application, selection and recruitment process.
- We also work with external partners to process data.
- In the portal, you can view the data concerning you that we process, and have the opportunity to supplement, correct, block or erase it, at any time directly in the career portal. You can also contact us to do this for you.
- If you do not update your data, it will be erased after a period of 18 months.
- We make sure that your data is processed carefully and securely.
- This data protection declaration is subject to change. We will inform you of any changes.
- If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact our data protection officers. You can find their contact details under “Who can you contact regarding data protection issues?”.
- This text is a translation of a privacy statement from German.
Who are we?
This is a web-based career portal operated by the Baloise Group and its associated companies. It is operated by Baloise Insurance Ltd, Aeschengraben 21, 4002 Basel, Switzerland. We use a service provider – Avature GmbH, Reichenbachstrasse 26, 80469 Munich, Germany – which operates this portal on behalf of the Baloise Group.
Terms used in this document
The most important terms used in this document are:
- we, us: the Baloise Group and our associated companies,
- career portal: the web-based application that we use to process your application/your user profile,
- processing: all activities involving data – i.e. obtaining, storing, using, reworking, disseminating, archiving or destroying data,
- disseminating: making personal details available, i.e. granting access to them, passing them on or publishing them,
- data: personal data, i.e. data that can be traced back to an identifiable individual.
Who can you contact regarding data protection issues?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your data in this career portal, feel free to contact our data protection officers. They will pass your enquiry on to the departments responsible. You can contact the data protection officers using the addresses below:
- Basler Versicherung AG Schweiz: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basler Versicherungen Germany: email@example.com
- Baloise Insurance Belgium: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bâloise Assurances Luxemburg: email@example.com
- Baloise Life (Liechtenstein) AG: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baloise Bank SoBa: email@example.com
What data do we process in this career portal?
We process personal data concerning you in this career portal. The data processed includes:
1) data that you enter or upload yourself:
- contact details (e.g. name, address, telephone number, email address),
- data on your training and qualifications (e.g. training programmes you have completed, language skills),
- data on your current and previous employers (e.g. employer’s name, length of service with the employer concerned, references),
- other data from your written application (e.g. what motivated you to apply to us, photos, references to third-party sources such as social media profiles);
2) data that you make available to us during the application process (e.g. answers to questions regarding qualifications, salary expectations);
3) data that you supply to us to help us draw up your contract of employment (e.g. social security number, account number, number of children).
Why do we process your data?
We process your data:
- to allow us to take our pre-contractual measures as part of the application, selection and recruitment process and to support our employees' internal mobility;
- to contact you in surveys, as part of our legitimate interest in this process, to ask you about your views about us as an employer and our recruitment process;
- to inform you of positions that match your profile that become vacant in the future, provided you have granted us your consent and to check the suitability of your application for other jobs that match your profile. You can withdraw this consent at any time;
- to fulfil statutory obligations.
How do we handle your data?
Applications contain personal data. Handling this data carefully, mindfully and taking the necessary precautions in terms of security is a top priority for us. In order to ensure this, we take the measures listed below.
- We treat your data as confidential.
- We only process your data for the purposes set out in the section entitled “Why do we process your data?”.
- We only use secure communication protocols to transmit your data.
- We adhere to the data protection standards set out in the applicable guidelines. This also applies if you are applying for a position in another country.
- Our employees undergo regular training on data protection and we remind them of their particular confidentiality obligations.
- We perform ongoing checks to make sure that the data protection regulations are being adhered to.
- We make sustainable investments in information security and apply international standards such as ISO 27001.
- Your data is stored in a data centre within the European Union.
Who can access your data?
If you apply for one of the positions we are advertising, your data can be accessed by the individuals involved in filling the position in question or the employees responsible for ensuring that the career portal runs smoothly. They include employees working in HR and the recruiting departments, as well as the administrators of this career portal.
It is possible that some of your data will be processed by legally independent companies in Switzerland and abroad – known as processors. They include, for example, providers of online assessments that we cannot perform ourselves. These arrangements are designed to allow efficient processing. These processors have a contractual obligation to adhere to the purposes for which we process data and to process your data securely.
We will not disclose your data to third parties unless we have a statutory obligation to do so.
What are your rights?
You can see the data that we process, and have the opportunity to supplement, correct, restrict or erase it, at any time. The easiest way to do this is by using the career portal itself. The portal allows you, for example, to edit your contact details, your CV or your answers to questions regarding your qualifications. You can also contact us to request information on, supplements to, or the rectification or the erasure of your data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the responsible data protection supervisory authority.
If you want to request information on, supplements to, or the correction, erasure or restriction of your data, we would ask you to contact the data protection officer of the company in question, enclosing a copy of your official ID card. You can do this directly via the career portal or using one of the addresses provided below (see “Who can you contact regarding data protection issues?”).
What risks should you be aware of?
The use of the Internet is always associated with risks. We take care to ensure that the data we save, and the data entered in this career portal, is transmitted and processed securely. You are responsible for the security of your end device. As a result, you should seek information on how to best protect the data on your devices.
Emails may be sent via the Internet in unencrypted form – including the emails sent from this career portal, e.g. if you subscribe to receive alerts when new jobs are published or if our employees contact you. You should not use email to send us confidential documents. Furthermore. if you don’t want your current employer to find out that you are interested in Baloise, you should not use a work email address to register in this career portal.
If we identify security risks or misuse in connection with this career portal, we can suspend or block access to it. We are not responsible for any damage or consequential damage incurred as a result.
How long do we store your data for?
Your data is stored for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes described above. Your profile will be deleted automatically 3 months after the last rejection or withdrawal of your application. In addition, if you wish to remain in our database as a potential candidate, your profile will be deleted automatically 18 months after you last updated your profile/were last rejected for a position, unless you want your profile to remain saved in the system. Please note that, due to statutory requirements, we also have to store certain pieces of data for longer.
To what extent can this data protection declaration change and what happens if it does?
The wording of this data protection declaration can be changed. If we make changes, we will inform you at least 30 days before the amendments take effect.
Version & Language Information
Privacy statement for applicants, V.1.2, 2021-03-19
This translation is provided for your convenience only. In the event of any difference in meaning or interpretation between the German language version of the statement and this translation, the German language version will prevail.